Your new home awaits you, and the easiest way to get there is with the help of a professional. Even if you are just a few kilometers Whether you’re away or in the city as a whole, it’s always a good idea to know the estimated packers and movers’ fees. You can avoid paying high fees, and you’ll understand if a mover is trying to trick you. Packers and movers charge depending on various factors and can vary from one mower to another 2x.Here we will discuss the factors affecting costs, what are the home relocation standards and how you can reduce your moving costs.Due to the different standard of living of each city, the packers and movers charge varies from city to city. This approximate rate list is created in the middle of Metro City so it may not be 100% suitable for your city. If you live in one of the top expensive cities in India, these rates can increase up to 1.2x; However, if you live in smaller cities, this charge may be reduced by 0.8x.The moving company’s brand and the quality of service they provide can also make a big difference to their rates. Continue reading below to find out how to get more accurate packers and movers rate list for your specific migration needs.
Factors affecting packers and movers charges
The movers take a number of factors into consideration before providing an estimate for the cost of transporting home goods. The costs of relocating to a local location both within the city and outside the city vary due to the distance traveled and the security measures of your goods.
Factors affecting the cost of shifting house within your City
Every Indian city has a different standard of living, and the moving charges will vary accordingly. Here, we will discuss some of the factors that are specific to Local Shifting and how the costs vary due to them.
Contrary to popular belief, Distance does not affect your shifting charges while moving within the city. Hence, the price will mainly depend on other factors like:
- Volume of household goods: Moving more goods or big house à bigger truck required à higher shifting charges.
- Types of items: Packing, moving and handling delicate and sophisticated items will increase moving charges as they need more care and attention.
- Packing of items: Only the delicate, electronic and kitchen items are packed carefully as goods have to travel a short distance and chances of damage are low.
- Vehicle Type: If you want a bigger vehicle to accommodate and move all your household items comfortably without stacking, the prices may go up.
Factors affecting the cost to transport household goods to a different City
While moving outside your current city of residence, the safety of the household items during the long distance travel needs to be ensured to a great extent. During a domestic relocation, some specific factors that play a role in deciding the price list of moving your household items are:
- Distance: The prices will increase according to the distance that the goods have to travel from one city to another and fuel prices in different cities.
- Packing of Items: Prices will differ according to the amount and quality of packing material used for maximum safety of the goods.
- Additional Services: Services for unpacking and re-assembling furniture at the destination will be provided at additional costs if requested by you.
- Vehicle Type:
- Shared vehicle – your goods will be transported along with other’s items; charges are lesser but delivery time may be longer.
- Dedicated vehicle – you can opt for transporting your goods in a single truck; delivery time will be quicker, but the prices are higher.
- Company’s Presence in Origin and Destination: You get best and reliable services at lower rates when the moving company has an office branch in the destination as well as origin cities.
- Insurance: You can claim compensation from the movers against damaged or missing items; it will cost about 3% of the total moving charges.
- Storage Warehouse: The movers offer storage warehouse, at additional costs charged per day for the number of days you require the storage.
- Additional Taxes: Vehicles crossing city or state borders have to pay a toll tax which will be collected from you along with GST tax for the services.
Standard Packers and Movers Charges in India
Packers and movers maintain an approximate range of prices for shifting household goods for each city, which will change for every moving scenario. Your shifting charges will depend on your exact requirements and the factors that will be considered for your moving. Mentioned below are the standard Packers and Movers charges in India:
Approximate Movers and Packers Charges for Local Shifting
Mentioned below is the average cost to transport household goods within your city. To get a better idea of how much it will cost to move your house, you can share your shifting requirements with us, and we will get the packers movers charges of 3 best-matched movers near you. You can choose the moving company that provides good quality services within your budget after careful consideration.
Size of House Distance Up to 12 Km 13 – 30 Km Above 31 Km 1BHK 3,000 – 7,000 4,000 – 8,000 5,000 – 9,000 2 BHK 4,000 – 8,000 5,000 – 10,000 6,000 – 12,000 2 – 3 BHK 5,000 – 12,000 6,000 – 12,000 7,000 – 14,000 3 BHK 6,000 – 14,000 8,000 – 16,000 9,000 – 18,000 4 BHK 8,000 – 16,000 10,000 – 20,000 12,000 – 20,000
Approximate Packers and Movers Rate List for Domestic Shifting
Below are the average home shifting charges from your city to anywhere in the country. To get a better idea, you can give us your shifting requirements and get estimated shifting charges from 3 best and reliable packers and movers. You can compare them quickly and hire the moving company that provides the best services within your budget.
Moving Items / Distance Up to 400 Km 400-800Km 800-1300Km 1300-1900Km Few Household Goods 5,000 – 10,000 7,000 – 12,000 8,000 – 15,000 9,000 – 18,000 Complete Home Shifting 12,000 – 22,000 13,000 – 25,000 14,000 – 26,000 15,000 – 30,000 1BHK House 8,000 – 15,000 10,000 – 20,000 11,000 – 22,000 12,000 – 24,000 2BHK House 10,000 – 18,000 12,000 – 25,000 14,000 – 24,000 15,000 – 28,000 2-3BHK House 12,000 – 22,000 13,000 – 25,000 15,000 – 28,000 18,000 – 30,000 3BHK House 15,000 – 25,000 17,000 – 30,000 19,000 – 28,000 22,000 – 34,000 4BHK House 17,000 – 28,000 18,000 – 32,000 18,000 – 32,000 28,000 – 42,000 5BHK or Villa 20,000 – 30,000 25,000 – 40,000 24,000 – 38,000 36,000 – 48,000 Complete Home + Vehicle 14,000 – 26,000 15,000 – 30,000 18,000 – 38,000 20,000 – 42,000 Vehicle Only 3,000 – 5,000 4,000 – 7,000 5,000 – 9,000 6,000 – 10,000 Few Office Items 8,000 – 15,000 10,000 – 20,000 12,000 – 24,000 14,000 – 28,000 Complete Office 12,000 – 26,000 15,000 – 30,000 17,000 – 32,000 20,000 – 40,000